We're Hiring - Studio Manager
About the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised Studio Manager. You’ll report to the Managing Director and be responsible for pricing, scheduling, managing the design team and delivering all work that comes into the Studio. This is a varied fast-paced and varied role which is admin and customer-oriented with some design work.
The Studio Manager will work closely with the production team and account managers. You’ll have a clear understanding of the business and customer requirements to deliver outstanding work on schedule and budget.
The Studio Manager will also be a member of our Senior Leadership Team, whose responsibilities include strategic leadership, investment decision making and continuous operational improvement.
Your main duties will include:
- Managing the design team’s schedule, workflow, and administrative processes.
- Account management, costing, estimating, and processing of orders for existing and new clients.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the prepress, liaising with production and checking supplied files are fit for purpose.
- Attend client meetings, discuss jobs and managing the pipeline of prospective work, including representing Stormpress in presentations either alone or with the MD.
- Ensuring that client billing is completed in a timely manner and reflects the work done.
- Guardianship of the Stormpress brand.
- Mac literate and confident with the Adobe suite - Acrobat, InDesign & Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Preflighting software is desirable.
- Previous account management experience in a customer-facing, management role.
- Design experience and understanding of estimating time requirements.
- Able to balance the creative goals with the client’s needs.
- Knowledge of the print industry with print-buying experience.
- Run budgets with transparency, managing risks and escalating concerns.
- Social media and digital artwork campaign experience is desirable.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and able to manage complex timelines and projects. With the ability to put contingency planning in place.
- Remain calm under pressure and skilled in managing peak periods.
- Proactive and problem-solving, always looking to make improvements and efficiencies.
We’re an experienced team passionate about creative design and high-quality specialist printing. Our work combines the artistry of print with design to produce stunning printed materials, artwork, foil stamping, die cutting, packaging and bespoke projects.
Stormpress is an independent company based in Exeter and we’ve provided exceptional print to customers since 1980. Our client base is diverse, ranging from organisations in both private and public sectors, to smaller companies and individuals.
We’re proud to have a wide range of in-house services, these include; graphic design and studio services, lithographic print, large and small format digital print, mailing and high-quality finishes like foiling and embossing.
We’re in the process of setting up an Employee Ownership Trust to allow all employees to share in the success of the business.
Salary is dependent on experience, this is a full-time, permanent position based at our premises in Sowton, Exeter with core working hours 8:00–4:30, Monday to Friday and flexitime is available.
If this position sounds like you’re what you’re looking for, please apply by submitting a CV, cover letter and portfolio. Applications can be addressed to Emma Brown and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please.